Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Can I s get one last track outing out of this tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I s get one last track outing out of this tire

this is only on passenger side, drivers side has no cords showing whatsoever. I had plans to go to the strip today but now after seeing this idk if I should. at least for the last time before I replace them. what u guys think?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a rule,if i can see cords thats not a tire i wanna race on,but if your dead set on running it bring a spare lol,
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason, I dont see a pic.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um... I dont think i would try that. If you go to Englishtown MAYBE. Since you only get one run in before the track crew has to clean up antifreeze from a honda accord trying to beat their best time of 19.5 in the quarter.

But seriously, I wouldnt do it. You know you need tires so why even try. And please tell me you were going to trailer it and not drive to the track.

Let me explain. I was in a similar situation a few years back. I just got my camaro all done with the motor build, trans built and tune. Had the car looking just the way I wanted it and it was a beast. My tires were shot in the rear but because it was two weeks before christmas, I decided to wait till after the holiday to get new tires. Well some schmuck cut me off and my car lost control easily and took off towards the guard rail. After spinning and bumping a million times, the car was totaled. Thankfully the motor was salvageable as well as the transmission but THAT WAS IT.

So if you truly appreciate your car, put some good meat on it. Its the only thing between you and the road.

Good luck whichever you choose.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cord showing on ANY tire = replace. Cord showing on a tire that you're going to track? Absolutely not.

Quick Reply: Can I s get one last track outing out of this tire