Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Re-thinking my rear wheel choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
92v
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-thinking my rear wheel choice

I recently bought a used set of TT2's with NT05's mounted on them, for my 2k WS6. I fitted them up and they look great, ran a couple of hundred miles and then put my winter tires back on. They needed to be re-balanced, since one of them felt a bit bouncy, which is pretty distracting when driving. Anyway, I've just about decided that I'm going to find a couple of 9.5"s to replace the 11" rears and run the same on all 4 corners with a less aggressive set of tires, since this car is my DD. I could really feel the weight of the tires and wheels in the handling and wasn't sure they are what I wanted, although I have to say the NT05 turns in nice and quick. I also have been online tire shopping and the selection of 315/35-17 tires seem to be exclusively sticky tires with extremely low tread wear numbers and poor wet traction, or very expensive. I'm hoping I can find someone locally that wants to trade the 17x11" for some 9.5" TT2s and see how that feels. Have any of you guys that went with TT2's noticed a difference in handling under normal daily driving conditions? Or the difference with 315/35s on the rear? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Far as weight wise you wouldnt notice a difference in a 17x9 or 11,imo the 11inchs make these cars in the rear,nothing looks better on a rear of a ta,with that being said someone will trade you 17x9s in a heartbeat,think about that one man,i understand wanting to rotate for a dd,but thats killing the looks department,also 17 inch tires are reasonably priced,i had a 11inch rears on my mustang,and i had some cheap sumosuckos on there,but they were not bad tires,are they the best tires, hell no but i thought they were fine and i dd that car in the summer,its your choice but like i said think long and hard about that
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 AM
92v
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BOBS99SS, I agree that it looks great. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, just thinking out loud I guess.

Quick Reply: Re-thinking my rear wheel choice