Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Hoosier DOT Drag Radial vs BFG g-Force Rival.......Street driving.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Hoosier DOT Drag Radial vs BFG g-Force Rival.......Street driving.....

Im assuming the Hoosier would be better on the street even though its made for a drag track. Anyone use this on the street with substantial HP/TQ, like 800 RWHP......?

How does it hook compared to a good street radial like the BFG Rival.....?

Mainly gonna be doing Roll Runs.....40-50mph starts to 160mph.

I ask because I'm buying new wheels, 18 x 10.5 rear. Putting 315/30/18 tires on, probably BFG Rivals.....for every day driving. I want to maybe buy two extra rear wheels and have some 315/30/18 Hoosier DOT Drag Radials mounted on them for an easy swap on a good weather day.

....Or, what other kind a semi-slick radial have you guys used with good traction....?

Thanks.......

Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a trade off. Sure the Hoosier will hook up much better but the Rival is no slouch as it's one of the stickiest street tires out there. Of course the BFG will wear much better and give you some wet performance if you get caught in a rain.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rudytirerack
It's a trade off. Sure the Hoosier will hook up much better but the Rival is no slouch as it's one of the stickiest street tires out there. Of course the BFG will wear much better and give you some wet performance if you get caught in a rain.
^^^
What he said, I run the Hoosier DOT's on the street and track they are the 335/35/17's They wear pretty decant on the street and not user friendly on wet roads , But do shine at the track . I was cutting 1.28 60ft on the bumper on the Hoosiers , They are also a little wider than most DR. because of the rim protectors witch make the section width wider 14.0" on 11" rims .You can see them in action in my sig below in the 1/8 mile run.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Nitto NT05R or the M&H Racemaster are also good for the street... as is Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials.

All will hook much better than any street tire.

If you want wet weather performance and some cornering capability, look at the Toyo R888 road race tire. It's a similar compound to the NT05R but has a stiffer sidewall and rain channels.

The NT05R is not bad... it has a stiffer sidewall than other drag radials and decent wet traction for how sticky it. It's pretty close to a true street drag radial, which is why I run it.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
^^^
What he said, I run the Hoosier DOT's on the street and track they are the 335/35/17's They wear pretty decant on the street and not user friendly on wet roads , But do shine at the track . I was cutting 1.28 60ft on the bumper on the Hoosiers , They are also a little wider than most DR. because of the rim protectors witch make the section width wider 14.0" on 11" rims .You can see them in action in my sig below in the 1/8 mile run.
What size rim are you putting the 335/35/17 Hoosier DOT on...? BFH all you have to do so they wont rub? LCA isn't in the way?

I may get 17" wheels if they get their 18"s back in stock soon.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
What size rim are you putting the 335/35/17 Hoosier DOT on...? BFH all you have to do so they wont rub? LCA isn't in the way?

I may get 17" wheels if they get their 18"s back in stock soon.

No they wont fit , I had to mini tubed the car and off set the lower control arms , the rims are 11" wide but the tire are close to 14" wide because of the bead protectors that on the tire letting the side wall extend out past the rim

Quick Reply: Hoosier DOT Drag Radial vs BFG g-Force Rival.......Street driving.....