Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Another C5 DD "Will they fit" Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another C5 DD "Will they fit" Thread...

OK…I’ve searched through numerous threads but I can’t seem to find the exact answers I’m looking for. So…I need your help regarding fitment of the following setup on a 2002 WS6:
• C5 DD, 18x9.5” with 275/35 Front / 18x10.5” with 295/35 Rear
• 1/4" spacers all around to help push the wheels out a little further to sit more flush with the fenders.
• Strano lowering springs (SP141)
• Koni STR.T shocks
• Adj. Panhard

Will this setup cause any issues? Will I be able to avoid any BFH or fender rolling? With 1/4” spacers, will longer studs be required? Could I even go with 305/35 or 315/35 in the rear without issue?

I used to have 17x9.5”/17x11” TT2s on the car at stock height, and I had no rubbing issues at all. Based on the calculation below, going to from the 11" TT2 to the C5DD will gain me about .05” inner clearance. It's not much, but I don’t know how much the suspension drop will affect fitment. Sorry for the long-winded post…I just want to make sure everything will fit before I start ordering parts for Spring. Thanks for your help guys!

TT2 vs C5
Old 01-08-2015, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I cant speak for fitment because your car is lowered, but I've seen plenty of T/As with the tire sizes your speaking of with no issues. I know most have to do the BFH mod to the rear wheel wells with 10.5" stock wheels, and some grind down the bump stop. Anything above 295's would probably require fender rolling because you're lowered. I'm sure others will chime in who have experience with lowered cars and fat tires. Its not a bad idea to roll them anyways.

As for running longer studs, I would. I've heard that 1/4" is ok on stock studs but I'd rather replace the stockers with a stronger piece like ARPs. The spacers put more stress on the studs the an adapter would. You gotta figure the studs you have now are 13 years old, so I'd rather replace them for piece of mind.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll fit fine with the spacers. I ran cheapo 5/16" generic spacers on my '98 TA a few years ago and they looked/worked great. Make sure you use 2.5" ARP studs so you have enough turns on the lugs with the spacers in there. The strength of the ARPs is also cheap insurance.

Quick Reply: Another C5 DD "Will they fit" Thread...