Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Draglite prob after 12 bolt install.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draglite prob after 12 bolt install.

like it sayes i had the draglite mounted and on for a about two years. After all the gringing and spacers. Well just did the 12 bolt and now i have to grind more off and when i do hard turns like in a parking lot there is a hell of a gringing noise but not when going streight i put the car up on a jack and ran it in gear and ther is no grinding. has any one gone through this problen before.

thanks Chris
Old 08-26-2004, 10:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like you just need to grind them a bit more. Probably when it comes time for you to put in new brake pads, you will have to grind it again as they make the calipers stick out a bit more when new pads are installed.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

This my sound stupid but can't you remove the wheel and look inside, see if there is marks! are you sure the rear end is perfectly centerd and the wheel wells are not the problem?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Launching!

I did take the rim off and i tore the hell out of the rim the clearance is no an issue with the fenders i am wondering if the mounting points on the axle to the backing plate might be off a 1/8 from factory the wheels worked fine a mounth befor when i went to the track now they are hitting ?????????