Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Buying prostars just a quick ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying prostars just a quick ??

15x3.5 front, 15x8 rear, 5.5 backspacing with a 5/16 spacers will not have to shave my calipers front or rear correct?

also what is the cheapest place to order these from?

EDITED:

OR you think I should get some bogarts? Im orderin these by wednsday so I want some input, what sixe bogarts or the same? and what kind I like the welded RT's.

these will be gong on a 02 SOM ws6 btw

Last edited by 1F8TL02WS6; 09-12-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will have to on the rear...may not on the front. Don't choose 8's unless you HAVE to for a specific class race etc.

11.5's aren't meant for an 8 inch rim...unless you have to run 10.5's in your class, then going with the larger tire means you need the larger rim. Traction is always an issue, why handicap yourself if you don't need to.

try one of the sponsers on the board for welds....while everyone will be competitive, cheapest price isn't always best especially if you need support for the products you purchase.

Steve
Old 09-12-2004, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

ahhh edited right when i was responding...

well, my opinion is biased though with running welds, you leaving ~50 lbs of converted static weight on your car. Ours are more expensive, though it's a much higher caliber rim. It's definitly worth it in my opinion.

Bogart sizing, I designed the 15x4 and 15x10's to be a direct fitment for LS1's. They are build SPECIFICALLY for LS1's.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by steve10
you will have to on the rear...may not on the front. Don't choose 8's unless you HAVE to for a specific class race etc.

11.5's aren't meant for an 8 inch rim...unless you have to run 10.5's in your class, then going with the larger tire means you need the larger rim. Traction is always an issue, why handicap yourself if you don't need to.

try one of the sponsers on the board for welds....while everyone will be competitive, cheapest price isn't always best especially if you need support for the products you purchase.

Steve

persuade me on the bogarts then...how well are they street driven? since they are so much lighter? help me out here man
Old 09-12-2004, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

do I need to grind my calipers? no extended lug nuts?
Old 09-12-2004, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

I don't want to pursuade your decisions just to "sell" them to you. You need to personally feel comfortable with your final decision. I am obviously opinionated with our rims, though my findings are based on factual data.

They have their benifits including fitment, appearance and weight advantages. Just as my other recent post states...even from an appearance standpoint, rims can MAKE a cars appearance. Since this is a mod that is clearly visable and has a large impact on how your car looks why not choose something that is visably appealing.

If you put a car with Bogarts on next to a car with ecomomy rims like a centerline or weld rim, there is NO comparison Bogarts win hands down. They retain show quality finishes due to the materials used and the care taken to insure a high luster. Like my other comparison, it is like comparing a Fiske rim to a TT rim. Don't get me wrong, a weld prostar has it's place, it is built for economy. If you wanted a higher quality weld rim, choosing something like their alumastar 2 rims will have a significant gain in appearance as well as seeing performance gains...the cost though is directly in comparison to our rims...though they don't fit well and aren't LS1 specifically made.

Neither weld or ours are meant for "street" use. They are for drag racing. Weld puts a large stamped "for drag race only" on their front runner center facing for example.

Ours are very strong. If you damage a rim, they are not a throw-away unlike a prostar, we can repair them for you at a minimal charge. We offer additional services that may not be found elsewhere...we fully support our products and won't leave customers hanging.

Due to liabilities, I can't tell you to use them on the street. It appears most guys go against our recommendations and use them on the street without issues. If you feel comfortable using a drag rim on the street, albeit weld etc, then ours will be no different. The P1 LS1 Bogart rim is very strong.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by steve10
ahhh edited right when i was responding...

well, my opinion is biased though with running welds, you leaving ~50 lbs of converted static weight on your car. Ours are more expensive, though it's a much higher caliber rim. It's definitly worth it in my opinion.

Bogart sizing, I designed the 15x4 and 15x10's to be a direct fitment for LS1's. They are build SPECIFICALLY for LS1's.

you da man Ill shoot a an email here shortly...