Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

6.5in back spacing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 6.5in back spacing

drag lites with 6.5 in backspacing and being 10in wide, will they fit under a 98 formula without any modifications. also what size tires, drag radials or slicks it makes no difference
Old 09-21-2004, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need 7.5 inches of back spacing on a Weld Draglite to fit on an Fbody. You will also have to grind the rear calipers and use a spacer, plus extended studs to make them fit, and still be safe. Do yourself a favor and get some Bogarts. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

As far as drag slicks, you can go up to a 26 X 10 slick with no modifications, anything larger then that you will have to make some slight modifications for one size larger, all the way up to major modifications if you want to go to a 30 inch or larger. I run a 28 X 12.5 Mickey Thompson ET Street, and had to remove my bumpstops, massage the inner fender, and a rear bumper trim.

Tire height will depend on what rearend gears you are running. If your running step gears (4.10's) with your six speed, you will run out of gear before the end of the quartermile. Been there done that. So I would recommend a 28 to give you some more gear.