Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

front end alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end alignment question

I was in a small accident with my 2002 SS and i had the whole front passenger side suspension system replaced along with 2 new front rims and tires. It was put on an alignment machine for the body, everything was fine. However, when you look at the front of the car, you can see that the top of the passenger side tire is in a little further than the bottom. the driver's side is almost perfectly straight. It was put on 2 front end alignment machines, and both read that it is almost dead nuts within spec. the lower control arm on the drivers's side is set in the middle of the adjustment whereas the passenger side is all the way out. Now, i know i'm not seeing things, and that computers dont' lie (most of the time), but, to me, it still looks like the top is pushed in still. There is no damage to the K-member and the body checked out perfect. Its driving me batty........does anyone else's front wheels slightly kick in at the top? any ideas what could be doing this? i know i could slide the lower control arm in, but, the computer is saying that it is perfect the way it is.