Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Purchase Online

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Purchase Online

No, this is not another thread of what type of tire is best. I think I am going to go with Pirelli's becasue I have to drive in snow as well as dry. I don't race so I think this is good for what I want...treadware. My question is, I have found some for 140 apiece from tirerack.com or something and they have the road hazard program thing you can add for 70 bucks. Is this a wise investment or should i just order the tires? I am open to all opinions.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only question on tire hazzard, is "where can it be fixed?"

If you can go to a local shop and get reimbursed, it is OK insurance.

If you have to send the tire back . . . .

Extended warrantees, road hazzards . . . Just a safety, usually for me if I have purchased it, never use it, if I don't get it . . something goes wrong, Murphy's Law.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

I would contact Discount Tire and let them know the price tirerack is offering. They will come close and be a bit over but they will mount and balance the tires. That is what I did and paid (if my memory serves) like 160/tire.

Also, are you going with the Pirelli PZero Nero? Those are what I have and they do pretty good at the track for a street tire as well.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea, give us a shot. The warranty we sell is very much worth it. If you are near a Discount Tire store...get it fixed/replaced there. If you are not near one, we'll send you a new one. If you are on a road trip and have to have one right then, we'll reimburse you. Its good stuff!