Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Looking for Centerline Telstar pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Centerline Telstar pics.

Ok I've searched over and over looking for a certain shot of Centerline Telstars on an F-body. I've read that a lot of people have 15x8 Telstars that bolt right on w/o grinding, but they have a 5" BS. I was wondering if anyone had a shot down the side of a f-body so I can see where they sit (in regards to the fender).

Also, does anyone know if they make the Telstars in 15x10 with the correct offset/BS for our cars? I know I'd have to grind then, but I'm just curious.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your stock 16x8 rims have a 6.5 or 6 inch BS (depends on the year of your car and rim type).

Even when you see guys purchasing rims that have 5.5 BS (weld, centerline etc)...they stick out .5to 1 inch further in the wheel well vs. stock! This takes the wheel from the wheel-well center. To my knowledge, we are the only ones designing drag rims that make the rim sit like stock.

From the side, running a drag rim @5.5BS looks fine, but from the rear, you can tell the tire does not sit centered. Using a 5 inch BS will further exasperate the issue.

You don't need a picture...To test what I mean, jack your car up, take off the lugs, and slide the 16x8 rim out on the studs 1-1.5 inches. This IS how your rim your considering will sit...not to pretty if you want my opinion. For the guys whom want an 8 inch rim with 5.5 BS, slide the rim .5-1 inch out on your studs.

To the folks even considering an 8 inch rim, be certain that the tire you are going to run is spec'd correctly for that small of a rim. For example...the popular choice of running a 26x11.5x15 is NOT a good choice for an 8 inch rim. The rim is too small!

If your on a budget, the only rim I'd consider is a weld prostar/draglite w/7.5 BS. You will have to modify the calipers, run spacers and run long studs.

If you want the best.. lightest, choose our Bogarts. I designed them specifically FOR F-bodies and fit like a glove.

Steve
Pres.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I really just wanted to make sure it didn't out past the wheel well. I like my wheels to sit even with fender, I think that looks nice, but sticking out is a no no.