Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25

i just put these on and ive seen a few people ask for pics on a red t/a, so here they are.

maybe its just me, but i think my lowering springs arent bringing down the front enough, but if it went any lower, id get stuck on everything (true duals).

they are 17x9.5 fronts (54mm offset) and 18x10.5 rears (56mm offset) (295/30's). purchased from O.E. Wheel Distributors, they sell on ebay for great prices, however he is local to me so I picked them up.
my front tires are too narrow, they are only 245's but thats what i had available to put on at the time.

i put on a 7/16" spacer in the rears because it looked like it looked like i didnt have enough clearance inside the wheel/bumpstop area, and didnt want to take a chance (already did some big f'ing hammer mods to the wheel well). i think they look good with the spacer, however i do get a slight rub on one wheel when going over large bumps at speed, but an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rear end will fix that.
Attached Thumbnails pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25-wheels4.jpg   pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25-wheels2.jpg   pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25-wheels3.jpg   pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25-wheels1.jpg  

Last edited by got_hp?; 12-30-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Launching!

dunno why it missed the last one
Attached Thumbnails pics - chrome Z06 wheels on red T/A lowered 1.25-wheels5.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks sweet

very nice

what springs are you running?
Old 12-31-2004, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Looks sweet. got_hp? how much ur Z06 rim cost u? will u have problem if u don't install spacer?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Hey man I know the threads a few days old, but I just wanted to say that set-up looks awesome and I also have a couple questions.

How much thread did it leave you for the your lugnuts after you put the spacers on and where did you get the spacers?

We sell spacers at my job, but the holes just look too big and sloppy for my liking.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hard Jonny
what springs are you running?
h&r sports

Originally Posted by LS1SS4ever
Looks sweet. got_hp? how much ur Z06 rim cost u? will u have problem if u don't install spacer?
i got them on a barter deal, so didnt really pay.

as for without a spacer, other people have said it works fine, but when i put them on it was reaaaaally close........you would definetly need an adjustable panhard bar at the same time to center the rear and get proper clearance on each side if it was gonna work. one day when im bored ill take them off and try it with no spacer, but i kinda like how much they stick out now.

Originally Posted by ritz
How much thread did it leave you for the your lugnuts after you put the spacers on and where did you get the spacers?

We sell spacers at my job, but the holes just look too big and sloppy for my liking
i already had put on longer/stronger ARP wheel studs. i doubt spacers would work with stock studs, maybe a small one. im using the 7/16 which is the biggest ive seen.

all the spacers have big sloppy holes because they use htem for multiple bolt patterns. i used the mrgasket ones, $12 for the pair. to get them centered, just put them on (they hang off center), then put the wheel on and tighten the lugs by hand until its snug against the spacer, then push the spacer around until its properly centered, then finish tightening the lugs.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks real nice..you may have answered my off set question..if you can apply your model car with a 2002...can you?