Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Would like some opinions for <$200 tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would like some opinions for <$200 tires

Finally my crappy 265/35/ZR18 Falken ziex tires are pretty much dead, and i'm looking for a decent 275/35/ZR18 tire on my 18x9.5 Y2K's all around.
the car is a daily driver, and I don't race (too much) with it.
My main needs are:
-long treadlife
-look good
-decent performance
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a good set of tires for less than $200 each.
A local tire place has the Hankook sport 104's for $145 each including mounting and balancing. Are these decent tires? I've heard some things on the net about them having weak sidewalls, so I'm kinda wary of them. Any other suggestions?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a lot of tires for under $200, but I recommend the Avon Tech M500s. I have them, and they are great in both wet and dry conditions. For the price of around $130 each, I think they are well worth it.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snootch
Finally my crappy 265/35/ZR18 Falken ziex tires are pretty much dead, and i'm looking for a decent 275/35/ZR18 tire on my 18x9.5 Y2K's all around.
the car is a daily driver, and I don't race (too much) with it.
My main needs are:
-long treadlife
-look good
-decent performance
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a good set of tires for less than $200 each.
A local tire place has the Hankook sport 104's for $145 each including mounting and balancing. Are these decent tires? I've heard some things on the net about them having weak sidewalls, so I'm kinda wary of them. Any other suggestions?
Bridgestone/Firestone Corp. has a new tire brand that came out last March called Fuzons. Fuzons are very inexpensive tire in the large rim sizes. I would check with your local dealer for price. I saw them on www.tirerack.com the other day, too. I bought a set of 275/40R17 for about $550 and that was with mounting, balancing, road hazard, & tax. I bought mine at the local Firestone Mastercare Service Center, there is one of these in almost every major city. I like the Fuzons quailty & performance and will buy another set when these are gone. Far as the Hankook tires I have never ran them, so I don't know anything about them.