Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chrome

I took my brand new ZR1's still in the box to Goodyear to have my GS D3's mounted. I wanted to go in the back and stand over whoever was putting the tires on the rims but I figures they know what they are doing plus didn't want to look like a pain in the ***. Anyway, as I was loading the wheels into my winter beater, I noticed they put one 315 tire on one 9.5" rim and vice versa. Not a huge deal, took the 2 wheels back in and had that corrected. Then once I get home, I'm cleaning the soap off the wheels and noticed 3 of the 4 wheels are scratched up right outside of the hub area. Pisses me off because they were brand new still in the box. I imagine they did it on the wheel balancer. Probably should have put a rag or something to protect the chrome. Not really noticable on the car but I know it's there. I tried chrome polish but didn't help. Is there any way of getting these scuff marks of the rims? I was also contimplating whether or not to call and complain. I guess in high in sight, I should have been the pain in the *** and went back and supervised. I didn't expect that from a corvette certified goodyear distrubutor.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take them back. they were perfect when you dropped them off, and they messed them up. theyre obligated to fix them. when i had tires mounted on my chrome ws6 wheels, i was worried about them messing up the wheels, so i asked the guy at firestone what they would do if they hurt the chrome. he told me they would have to buy me a new one, since it would be their fault.