Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)

I just got in my Chromed Oem 17 Z06 wheels. They are takeoffs from a car that were sent out to be chromed. There was a black type of gunk,like eraser shavings or something, on the very outer edge of the lugnut area. I scraped it off and below it is a whiter looking metal. There is a rough edge around the area where I scraped the gunk off.There is still some black stuff around the edge of the imperfections. One spot is about 1/8 and inch the other is about an inch.

If some of the wheels dont even have this area chromed, and this one does but there are a few rough spots, is it worth sending it back? Looks are not what Im concerned with, just whether or not it will cause flaking. I took pictures of the valve stem area that has the same type of gunk I removed.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)-3-017-5-.jpg   Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)-3-028.jpg   Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)-3-030-3-.jpg   Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)-3-031.jpg   Help! Should I send this wheel back or keep it?!(Pics)-3-035.jpg  

Old 04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Looks crappy, but you're going to have a lug nut and a valve stem covering all of those areas so I wouldn't be worried.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Looks crappy, but you're going to have a lug nut and a valve stem covering all of those areas so I wouldn't be worried.
Do you think I should be worried about the chrome flaking from that area around the lugnut? That is my main concern.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Doesn't matter what it is rims, jeans, shoes, if there's some sort of defect that isn't supposed to be part of the product, I always either send it back for an exchange or get my refund. If you send the rim back, and get one without the gunk or flaking, you'll have peace of mind. You should be totally content with what you paid for IMHO.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

I'd be worried about the chrome to eventually start peeling and then it'll be too late to send it back.