Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Warrantied chorme 10 spoke people come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warrantied chorme 10 spoke people come in

I get the ok from SLP to have my chrome 10 spokes replaced under warranty. My dealer tells me I'll have to pay for the mounting and rebalancing of the tires on the replacement rims. I'm not too happy about that but figure I'll deal with it when I have to pay. So I drop off my wheels, two and a half weeks later I call to see if my rims are in and they tell me no. They called SLP and they told the dealer they need to receive my rims before they send out the new ones. The dealer then sends out the rims. My replacement rims then come in a little over a week later and upon mounting my tires, they find one of the rims is bent so they have to send it back. There is another week and a half I'm waiting. I finally pick up my rims 5 weeks later and the service manager doesn't mention payment so I figures they waived it since it took so long. Wouldn't you know it, I get a bill for $50 three months later so I call and tell them I shouldn't have to pay since it's a warranty item they said ok. A month later I get another past due bill so I call Chevrolet and filed a complaint. I ended up calling the dealer back and told them I wasn't going to pay and they told me never to come back, I guess they're taking care of it now. My question is, did anyone here have to pay for the mounting and balancing of the tires on your warranty returned rims?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I had trouble finding a dealer that would replace them, but mine were eventually replaced completley under warranty. Maybe because my car only had 500 miles on it? I do not know. I would not pay a thing for any warranty work. I quickly sold the news wheels after hearing about all the problems with them. I have never been a fan of SLP's customer service.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssPetess
I get the ok from SLP to have my chrome 10 spokes replaced under warranty.
what was wrong with them?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RemiSS2002
what was wrong with them?
SLP chrome 10 spoke rims are notorious for the chrome pealing.

I ended up selling my warranty replacements as well...