Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

patching Nittos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default patching Nittos?

I have the DR II autocross tire from nittos that had a nail go in it. It went in about the center of the tread. Can you patch these tires? They do see some track use so I am concerned that a patch will not hold when you take the psi down when at the track.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the same tires and had one patched, but I only use them on auto-x courses which don't heat up the tire that much as opposed to running on a road course.
Mine are holding up fine.

Are you using them at the drag strip? On the front or rear of the car?
These aren't designed for drag racing since the sidewalls are much stiffer and won't wrinkle like a drag radial.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zepher
I have the same tires and had one patched, but I only use them on auto-x courses which don't heat up the tire that much as opposed to running on a road course.
Mine are holding up fine.

Are you using them at the drag strip? On the front or rear of the car?
These aren't designed for drag racing since the sidewalls are much stiffer and won't wrinkle like a drag radial.
They see some limited time at the 1/4 mile track. They are on the rear of the car. I know that they are not specifically desgined for the drag racing but I have to drive a long way to get to the track and in Florida you just never know when it will rain so I wanted something that was sticky and has sidewall to run on the road. I also still have the stock 10 bolt and do not need the car to hook that hard.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

its a tire i dont see why you couldnt...ive had more than one patch in my nittos..holding up great sees dragstrip often