Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best place to secure Aftermarket jack??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best place to secure Aftermarket jack??

Hello yall curious to know if any of yall run an aftermarket jack in you car incase of a flat. I run 315/35/17s and i been told that the rear needs to be lifted by the rearend. It needs too be lifted by the rearend because the bumpstops will hit. So i am thinking were i could secure a small aftermarket jack. The truck is taken with a bazooka subwoofer. I have no back seats. I am thinking about making somthing to secure the jack in the back seat. Has anybody done this before? I am looking for some ideas. Thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Usually if I'm going any long distance, I put my compact floor jack behind the pass. seat in the floorboard. It acutally fits good there and isn't in the way. I don't have back seats either.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Yea i have mine there too. But one of my buddies was telling me stuff and was getting me paranoid about having the floor jack unsecured to the car because it could fly around the place if somthing happens. I think i might bolt down some straps our somthing.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get a 15lb nitrous bottle, cut the bottom out, and slip one of those compact jacks in. Then mount it on the tranny hump in a bottle bracket!

I'm sure it would fit in the spare tire area where the normal jack goes. You could scrap that thing and put the new one in it's place, then figure out how to secure it somehow (read: Duct-Tape).
Old 04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had a problem lifting my car from the side.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

I have a full size spare and a small floor jack in my backseat..seats are gone..tire is angled in middle with jack underneath it.chained down from side to side using the brackets that are left from the removal of seat back..have it all carpeted and looks good. won't catch me somewhere with a flat.