Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Poor Customer Service From NTB (scraped up wheels, won't fix it)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NTB (rant)

Last Thursday I took my car to NTB to have the tires balanced on my daily driver, as I have a year's free balancing due to having it done sometime last summer on my old 19's. I purchased new wheels within the last 2 months and just had a bit of an ordeal with Nissan for them scraping up one of the wheels when they recently replaced the rear calipers on my car. Nissan made it right by giving me $100 check towards repair/replacement.

I left the car with National Tire & Battery (NTB) on Thursday while I went to lunch with a buddy to have them balance all four tires. I requested that they be careful with the wheels since I just went through a big ordeal with Nissan and they put those instructions down on the work order for the tech working on my car. I spoke briefly with the tech who balanced the tires when I picked the car up, just asking how badly they were out of balance and whatnot. He was complimenting me on the car and just asking what all I had done to it blah blah blah. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't really check out the car before I just got in and left.

Fast forward to Saturday evening.

I'm at my brother's place for a cookout and a few of us are out in the driveway checking out my car where I just had the new brakes installed and just looking over my car. My best friend is on the other side of the car and asks when I got these big scratches on the wheel? I didn't really think anything of it because I wasn't really facing him and Nissan had scraped up the one, and then realized he was on the opposite side of the car from the wheel that was scraped up by Nissan. Turns out, all four wheels are torn up around all five lug nut areas on each wheel. I also notice some nice scrapes in the actual spoke portion of the wheel on two of them. I immediately try to reach NTB, but they had already closed for the day.

I worked Saturday night, and went directly to NTB on Sunday as they opened the doors. I spoke with their Service Manager and showed him the damage to the wheels and he confirmed that I can leave the car with them for 2 days and they would have Wheel Medic take care of the repairs on NTB. I inquired as to why the instructions listed on the work order, to be careful, were pretty much ignored, and the manager didn't really say too much.

Dropped off the car Monday morning and got a call today (waking me up) from NTB's service manager stating that their store manager is saying that they are now not going to repair them. That it was "normal wear and tear" for removing the wheels. Apparently, they got an estimate of $80 per wheel to repair and are now refusing to the right thing. The store manager (who is also the regional manager) was not in at the time I got the call, but will be in tomorrow. I picked the car up this evening and coincidently, the tech that worked on my car was in and I was like, "Oh hey, yeah...you were the one that worked on my car the other day right"? He remembered me. I mentioned that he was the reason that I'm going through this whole mess with them now and inquired as to what I meant. Told him how badly he messed up my wheels, and he didn't even realize that he had done it. So, I'm thinking, they must do this **** all the time, to LOTS of cars.

So, I'm not very happy to have all four of my 2 month old wheels all scraped up and am trying to figure out the most reasonable way to go about speaking with this store manager tomorrow. I think I'm going to inquire about how little faith they must have in their management staff, if their decisions aren't good enough for the store and ask if they're not able to make their own decisions, why are they managers? As well as, ask how they can inform a client of one thing, then 2 days later, change their decision after the client has already been informed. I'm also going to inform this manager of how many people will hear about this lack of customer service (many in his area - OhioNissans.com, OhioRides.org), informing them not to do business with NTB.

SO, I would recommend to anyone who has a NTB in their area, NOT to do business with them.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Damn dude, that sucks. How could someone be so careless? I have taken many wheels off of many cars and have never scratched up wheels like that. I guarantee that I won't be taking any of my cars to any NTB, not even the beater, after reading this. I hope they do the right thing and repair the wheels for you. Good luck!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

OMGF!!! So, the original service manager just calls me and says that after calling the store manager from home last night after he got of work, they've now decided to take care of the repair for me.

Ray at NTB on Stelzer Rd is getting a lunch on me early next week.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Unfortunately since you didnt inspect, and find the problem, before you left that last time... youre SOL.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TimTaylor75
OMGF!!! So, the original service manager just calls me and says that after calling the store manager from home last night after he got of work, they've now decided to take care of the repair for me.

Ray at NTB on Stelzer Rd is getting a lunch on me early next week.

so are they gonna fix it??