Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How much should I sell my ZR1's for?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How much should I sell my ZR1's for?

Well I'm looking into getting a set of new wheels and am wondering how much I could sell my ZR1's for, they would be tire-less. Here we go: 4 17x9 GM stamped ZR1 Wheels from a 1998 SS. They have suffered light curbrash from the previous owner (I promise I didnt rub them!!) and one of them the chrome is bubbled on the area that is 9inches wide (it is where the tire is mounted, so say the 3 inside walls of the tire that have air pushing against them for inflation, where it is bubbled is the part of the wheel that has air pushing against it - so it is not visible AT ALL from looking at them with tires mounted) What is a fair price for these wheels?

EDIT: A few pics of them on the car can be found here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/521491-new-pics-ta-2-years-ago-56k-maybe.html
Old 06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would guess about 350-450$, seeing as that is what the ws6/10spoke SS wheels usually go for.

what wheels are you planning on getting?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

NBM greg, thats what I was thinking, around $400. I'm honestly not sure what I'm planning on getting. I'm wanting to do paint, brakes, interior, wheels, and possibly hood (if I decide I want one, hardest descision of my life!!) all at once, I'd love FM-5's. But for a daily I dont think thats the best bet. Maybe some kind of HP wheel.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your telling me about hardest decisions in life, every week i change my mind about wheels, i hate this game lol.

i think you should keep the sleek hood, i love mine and i doubt ill ever get a new one, plus the painting part scares me, ive seen plenty of painted aftermarket hoods that dont match after a year of being in the sun, and looks like crap. especially metallic colors, its just not the same.

as for wheels, i'd love to have some FM-5's as well, but i think im going with some tt2's(nobody has them in my area), and slamming it. this is my inspiration pic lol

i ruled out 18's due to price of tires, and lack of traction, i went to the track for the first time last month, and cutting 2.7 60 foots really gets on my nerves, right then i made my mind that i need 17's and DR's.

but if your going for looks, evo's would look awesome, look at flawls1t/a, hes got a NBM t/a with dark evo's. looks clean. but try and go with the RPM505's, identical to evo's but come in chrome.

sorry for the novel.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, Im not a fan of dark wheels on NBM, ideally I'd get some FM-5's, and if I decide on n ot getting a hood I'd have extra money for those, then just some 315 DR's. We'll have to see. TT2's on NBM look great, you will not be disappointed!