Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What wheel/tire combo will provide the greatest compromise of hooking/wet traction?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default What wheel/tire combo will provide the greatest compromise of hooking/wet traction?

I'm sure everyone on earth knows my dilemma at this point so I'm wondering what wheel/tire combo can combine my needs to hook (well enough to make my 500+ rwhp useful) and have wet traction in my daily driving conditions. I have come a long ways in the past week or so. I went from wanting 18's to look good, to realizing I need 17's so that I can run more sidewall for greater traction. However, the question still remains as to what wheel will not only provide me to run the tire I need (whatever it may be) while still also looking good (not just like a plain drag wheel) and not breaking my bank. Steve at SJM gave me some really good suggestions for some wheels he has, but at this point I don't have that kind of money to spend a 4-5k on wheels and a rear end. I know the things that I want are a lot to combine but I'm hoping that I can come across a "best of both worlds" compromise with your all's help. Post up your suggestions and possibly what's worked for you or what you've seen work with these kind of needs and limitations (such as the fact that I am not willing to run a DR on the street because it's just not safe in the rain).