Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Damaged my wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Damaged my wheels...

I was going around a corner only at about 35-40 mph and I jumped on the gas a bit too much and the car did a 180 onto a curb and onto some grass. Left side wheels are munched pretty good and i have flat on the left front. Along with some bad scrapes to the bottom of the bumper and my exhuast, I might have a bent axle!

I'm not sure where to buy replacement wheels as they are not stock. They are GM 02 SS rims I believe, but am not positive? Do any vendors sell these wheels? A pic of them is my signature that you can see.

cliffnotes: where to buy 02 SS rims at? what the cost is for this damage I have done to my car!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
I was going around a corner only at about 35-40 mph and I jumped on the gas a bit too much and the car did a 180 onto a curb and onto some grass. Left side wheels are munched pretty good and i have flat on the left front. Along with some bad scrapes to the bottom of the bumper and my exhuast, I might have a bent axle!

I'm not sure where to buy replacement wheels as they are not stock. They are GM 02 SS rims I believe, but am not positive? Do any vendors sell these wheels? A pic of them is my signature that you can see.

cliffnotes: where to buy 02 SS rims at? what the cost is for this damage I have done to my car!
Chrome SS 10 spokes are pretty hard to find at a decent price, as I have been looking for some to replace my painted 10 spokes. They dont make them any more and you can only find them used. Try checking ebay and the for sale forum, but be prepared to pay a pretty penny for them. Oh and sorry to hear what happened to your car .
Old 08-09-2006, 04:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

called the dealership, they said they could order them... 1000$ for 2 rims... **** that.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i jus did the exact same thing man, sounds identical to your story... i bent one 18'' zo6 and that was a month ago im jus getting my wheel into today i have got a month without my car and it kills me, it scraped a ground effect and jus bent the wheel, i hope if it did anything else i let ya know tommrow bc our stories sound alike, tough luck man im right there with ya