Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Will it work? *crosses fingers*

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it work? *crosses fingers*

Well, i have a quick and for most of you a simple question.

info first... i have stock Camaro RS rims which usually take a 235/55 R16 tire.
Tire Rack in it's infinite wonderfulness tacked on another $12 bucks to the cheap tires i normally get so...i went with their "Optional list" of tires.

Which included a nice tire with 245/50 R16 specs. so, here it comes. I only bought one tire so far. i was going to put them on the back wheels anyhow and wait till my front tires wore out and replace those with the usual 235's i know i know....people say don't do that, but I'm poor so options are limited.
And the wider 245's were $20 less and technically are suppose to perform better. And i realize the side-walls are "shorter" which may off-set my speedometer. by how much? i don't know yet.

so...question(s) are...
Will they fit on the rim given that they'll be put on the rear (if being put on the rear of the car is even relevant)?
Any estimates as to how far off it'll off-set my speedometer?

I figured I'd ask people who would give me a respectful and educated answer, prior to taking them up to the local tire shop and risk being called an idiot by someone with 3 teeth, an 8th grade education, and whose kids call his wife "auntie."

Thank you for your time and patience,
Anthony.

EDIT: Well i'm dumb, and didn't see the "will it fit?" sticky.

It says 8.0" ..... +38 to +55 mm .... 225, 235, 245 and after looking around i believe my wheels are 16" x 8" (I obviously know my tires are 16" lol...) just wasn't sure of the width. So i am assuming they will fit on the rear tires just fine.

Revised questions ( )
What are the +38 to +55mm measurements for? backspacing?
Am i right in "assuming" that they'll work?
And finally, does anyone know how i could figure out how far off my speedo will be?

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 08-08-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

should fit anywhere, spedo will be ummm around about 1 mph off i think. i cant find the cal. right now. as for the diffrent sizes, keep the same size on the same axle and youll be ok

edit****

if your going 65on the spedo, your really going 63

there is a nice cal. on tires.com under infocenter
Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by estegeme
should fit anywhere, spedo will be ummm around about 1 mph off i think. i cant find the cal. right now. as for the diffrent sizes, keep the same size on the same axle and youll be ok

edit****

if your going 65on the spedo, your really going 63

there is a nice cal. on tires.com under infocenter

Thanks tons!