Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

lug nut/wheel stud question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Import Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lug nut/wheel stud question.

I usually ran my prostars. So I had to upgrade the wheel studs to 3.25" length. So here is where my problem comes in. With the prostars with the shank lug nuts they were fine. But I bought some tt2's for the street. And they stick out far. So my problem is that i have to use an open end lug nut, but the wheel studs stick out out kinda far past the nut. Does anyone else have this problem. Or is there an alternative way of taking care of this.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Are they the standard issue "long" ARP studs from Summit/Jegs/wherever? I have those on mine, and I'm still able to use the factory lugnuts with the plastic covers on my ZR1's. I couldn't find a long enough closed end lugnut to cover how much the stud sticks out...
Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Import Patrol

They are the longer ones. They carry the arp 2.5 and the arp 3.25. So they stick out even further. I just bought some 12x1.75 closed ends. This may sound getto as hell. But the way the open end goes into the concaved section in the wheel. I will be able to put the 1.75 on top of them to cover the long studs, and you won't be able to notice it, unless you get down there and really stear at them.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Ahh, gotcha. Sooooper long studs!

Not a bad idea with the double lugnuts I guess so long as they match, no one will notice unless they're looking for it like ya said.

If you do find some super long lugnuts, let us know....