Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wet Sanding TT2's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Sanding TT2's

My TT2's have some nicks in them, mostly the rear, and I was wondering can I wet sand these wheels? What should I use and how do I do it?
Old 09-16-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've wetsanded mine. I bought my front two wheels used and one had some serious pitting so I just wetsanded them smooth. Look brand new again.

The grit of sand paper that you should use depends on the imperfections you want to try to get rid of. IF the nicks are deep then the most that you should hope for is to just make them less noticeable. On my wheel that was real bad I started off with 120 and worked my way up to 2000. I only used 120 on the pitts that were really bad. On the other wheels I started at 800 but I really think starting with 1000 would have been more than enough. I wouldn't suggest starting off with 120. I would say start off with 1000 and work up to 2000 and see where you stand once you're done. Mix some water and a few drops of soap in a spray bottle and keep the wheel and the sandpaper wet. I finished up by hand polishing the wheels with Mothers billet polish and a good microfiber towel. The good quality microfiber towel kept the small scratches away and make the wheels look like a mirror
Old 09-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Launching!

Great info! Thanks!