Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

When storing my car for winter...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When storing my car for winter...

My car will be stored in my garage under a car cover. Do you think my rims will be ok? There not going to crack or anything right? Also i will be taking my rims off for like 2 weeks, to get my lip finished in chrome, so you think it would be ok to leave my car on blocks for that period of time without messing any suspension up?

Lol need help,
JEff
Old 11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by cha1nz1535
My car will be stored in my garage under a car cover. Do you think my rims will be ok? There not going to crack or anything right? Also i will be taking my rims off for like 2 weeks, to get my lip finished in chrome, so you think it would be ok to leave my car on blocks for that period of time without messing any suspension up?

Lol need help,
JEff

It will be fine. weather its on blocks or not. Some people say to unload the suspension over the winter time to take the stress off of it, some people say to keep it loaded to not bottom out the shocks and the alignment will be off without the load. My personal conclusion was to just clean it up and leave it alone. I do jack up my rear end when I have the slicks on it so they don't develop flat spots.