Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nittos or BFG drag radials??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nittos or BFG drag radials??

well im new to the auto world and im pickin up my new z next week. im loving the fact that i can get by with the stock rearend now that i have an a4. i will be doin all bolt ons within the first month and i wanna go ahead and put some sticky tires on the back. i will be driving this on the street...no track time for a while. i want to have a fairly decent launch without spinning. i hear nittos last longer but dont hook as well as the bfg's. i see that nitto offers the NT 555R II Extreme and the NT 555R drag radial. which one would be a better street tire...and is the only difference between the two a softer compound on the drag tire? what are yall's opinions?

Last edited by Raise; 12-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nittos should be fine for you with boltons and your A4. The RII is a road race tire that has a stiffer sidewall.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Nitto 555R II's and 555R's have the same compound. They are both DR's, the 555R II however has a stiffer sidewall than the regular 555R, reason being is that Auto X'rs use them for Auto X and they need the stiffer sidewall for cornering etc, but with the grip of a DR. You will not need the 555R II's on the back unless you Auto X. It goes like this:

Drag Radials
Nitto 555R II
Nitto 555R Drag Radial

Street Radials
Nitto 555 Extreme

Either of the drag radials will hook, and maybe the regular a little better because of the softer sidewall. With bolt-ons, the Nittos will be just fine.