Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ZR 1 wheels and rear end width?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR 1 wheels and rear end width?

Hey guys I am thinking about a set of 17x11 in the back of my 96 TA and waould like to have the rims tucked inside the wheel well. I am not afraid to mini-tub the car, actually prefer to and was wondering if getting my 12 bolt narrowed some would help this also to include the mini-tub. I would like to run the M&H dr with the 28 diameter on these rims and i figure this set up would be ideal. just looking for any suggestions before I proceed and don't want to run spacers or any other band aids if I could get it right the first time. Thanks in Advance Art
Old 12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well 11" Zr-1's really only come in two offsets, 36 and 50. The 36's would stick out a very small amount if at all on a Firebird. The 50's fit very nicely within the Firebird wheel wells. All that may need to be done to fot is to massage the inner wheel well surface wit a big hammer.

Now I have heard, but not seen a 56 mm offset which would move the wheel in 6 more millimeters, and again nothing a BFH couldn't take care of with the inner wheel well.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go with a slightly narrower rear then get 36mm offset and you may not need to tub.