Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Bogarts on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogarts on the street?

I know you're not suppost to, but if anyone does or has driven them on the street, what was you're experience. The guy at SJM didn't think it would be too much of a problem in my circumstance(only dry days, on good roads, be careful, only 100 miles or so/month). P.s. I 'm thinking 16X8 in front, 15X10 in rear w/ Mt ET street radials. What to look out for, how much should I baby them? How quickly will those tires wear under careful dry, flat pavement driving?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

I've driven mine some on the street, just watch out for potholes, etc. I will also wait well into the spring until most road salt is washed off the roads from rains before I go out again on mine.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

I've had friends drive on bogarts for 2+ years! Just need to watch for the potholes.

In your case the ET streets should last a little bit, since you said you dont drive very much. You'll be wearing them out at the track, not the street.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i saw a thread about a mustang that drove his in the street and the wheel came apart, they took care of him but those wheels are too precious to jeopardize like that.
i probably wont even put my wheels on just let them sit
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

They make a road race set that your able to drive on the street.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Teching In

I have had my Bogarts on my GTO for 2 years without any problems. But where people mess up is on the fronts, if you put a radial tire on the front their is very little sidewall give so their for the rim takes all of the pressure and heat and the wheel crack at the welds on the welded wheels. If want to drive them on the street you need to use MT Sportsman or some Bias ply tire of that kind. I run a drag radial on the back and have not had any prob lems at all!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Getav8
They make a road race set that your able to drive on the street.
While their road race wheels are inteded to be "on the road" so to speak, they still do not recommend them to be driven on the street.

"All wheels and accessories are for racing only. They are not intended for street, road or highway use. They should not be used on race cars being towed. They are to be used only on track, courses, or strips designated for racing only. They should be used for their intended purpose (i.e. road race wheels for road racing only, drag race wheels for drag racing wheels only, etc.) "
Old 02-17-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

i wouldnt do it dude, some of the stuff you have to worry about you cant even avoid
Old 02-17-2007, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

i've seen some narrow bogarts split on the street, the drag wheels arent really meant for turning at anything more than pit speeds.