Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

gsd3 or nittos dr

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default gsd3 or nittos dr

hey guys, for the rear tires which will hook up best? for street racing or what not? ive been hearing alot of the gsd3 coming up lately.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Two very different tires. The GSD3s hook up good for a performance radial.

But a heated up Nitto DR is going to hook up better bar none.

Downfall is the softer sidewall for cornering, and high speed driving.

Is your car a daily driven street car? How often are you caught in the rain? You do a lot of street racing from a roll, or normally from a dig? Under 350rwhp?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Bad ***, have you driven both? How do they compare from a dig, stoplight to stoplight type stuff, where you can't heat them up?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

well car is gonna be a daily driver street car. its never gonna see the track or anything. so yeah, i guess high way rolls or what not. if i ever go to a dig, then yeah something that can hook up also. im also planning going doing a h/c/tc setup.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:20 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Sent you a PM back TX.

Rev, the Nittos are still stickier even without a burnout. Just normal driving gets them hot enough to stick just fine on the street. I've never driven on them with a stall, but I still say you would be fine. They are nowhere near as sticky as the MTs you have in your sig though...

The GSD3s are the better daily driver tire for sure. They hook pretty good, especially if your still under 350-360rwhp. You should have no problems with traction. You're even better off with an auto.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Thanks. I used Nittos on the street last spring through fall and MT's at the track. I'm trying to decide what to get for a summer tire this year: Nitto's again, GS-D3's, G-Force Sports, KDW's, etc. ...

I could get my Nitto's to hold if I eased it out from a dig and was careful. I'd rather not use them again, but from what you and others have said, they're going to stick better than any street tire.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had them both. Like mentioned earlier, nitto's will hook better when they are warmed up. The GSD3's are a better "all-around" tire however, they have better traction, they last MUCH longer, and they are one of the best on wet roads (from my experience). You just need to decide what is more important to you. Do you want a better all-around tire, or do you want a better straight-line-traction tire?