Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

question on TTII's fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on TTII's fitment

Sorry if i'm beating a deadhorse here but anyway, before i get money tied up in this i wanna make sure im clear. If i did 17x11 TTII's on the back of my ws6, would they stick out past the fender well slightly or are they pretty much flush or slightly in from the apex of the fender well? (I assume there are a +50mm offset?)
Would running a Nitto or some other tire that runs smaller in a 315 help?? Ive seen alot of pics and in some of them, the tires look like they are sticking out past the fender well a lil bit and i'm not crazy about that. Not sure if thats just due to offset or tires.
Also, would I need to do the BFH mod or any fender rolling with say a Nitto and 17x11's? I only have 2100 miles on the car and I dont exactly want to get into beating the inner fender wells, etc. Are there other tires like the Nitto that run smaller in a 315 or is the Nitto a pretty good overall tire? I think the BF goodrich's and GS D3's run pretty big if im correct? I know thats a lot there, but thanks for the help fellas.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

The offset is 46mm. On my camaro they stick out just a hair. I think firebirds have slightly wider fenders though. If you run a narrow tire like a nitto, you most likely won't have to do anything for them to fit, but no guarantees since all cars are different. I have GS-D3s, and they rubbed the inner fenders. Beating the inner fender wells is not really as big a deal as it sounds. You may not want to roll your fenders though, but if you are lowered you may have to.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Are you at stock ride height or are you lowered? It does all depend on what tires you get, the 315 Nitto's are the smallest of all the 315's available. I believe the Sumitomos are next in line for being the smallest. I personally like how the tires stick out of the fenderwells, it gives it a MEAN Muscle car look to it. If you are lowered than you will definitely have to do the BFH mod, plus you would most likely have to roll the fender wells because after all, 315's are a pretty damn big tire.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Launching!

No I'm not lowered and I dont plan on lowering the car, so I am guessing i should be ok?? Are the Nitto's pretty good tires as far as traction? I've read that the summi's are not all that great.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

If you are not lowered, yes, you are ok. I also like the look of the tires sticking out of the fenderwells, it gives a mean and aggressive look to the car and that is why most ppl buy 17x11.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

As far as traction Nitto's are a great tire, but plan on buyin another set soon if you dd with them cause the treadwear is horrible.