Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Want 28" tires on 15x10s without modification?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want 28" tires on 15x10s without modification?

Hey guys,

I searched and searched for info about what will and will not fit in terms of 28" tires on 15x10 rims. The only definitive info I could find was that Bogarts would fit without grinding the calipers. Everything else was argued and had no definite yes or no answer.

Well, 15x10 Bogarts with 28x10.5 M&H Racemasters fit. M&H 28x10.5s have a section width of 12.2" where the M/T 28x11.5s are 12.9". I think this might be what prevents the need for a BFH. The only thing that touches is the part of the back bumper that wraps around inside the back of the wheel wells. That part at the bottom that looks like a "tab" folded in touchesthe tire ever so slight. It's NO big deal to cut it off or to bend it back. I'm planning on using a zip tie to hold it back a tad when I'm at the track. It only needs to be pulled back about 1/4", and you could bend it 90 degrees with your pinky finger.

I'll try to get some pics of what I'm talking about next time I have the slicks on the car, but I thought that this might ease the minds of some and also persuade them to give M&H a call instead of M/T. My experience with them has be phenominal, anyway.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya m&h work good on my 6speed too!!!!