Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Which Wheels for This Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Wheels for This Color-Pics!

Alright guys, this is my car pretty much as it sits now in the first pic(taken a few months ago), but it has a black SS Spoiler now... which is in the crappy cell phone pic that was taken today

My question is that I want some new wheels and have pretty much narrowed it down for now..I thought about doing Iforged or CCW since Im newly divorced and have a ton of money to play with ..but I dont wanna drop that much yet until I get my hood and front end and a new paint job for it all...plus im attempting buy a new BMW....so I am contemplating two sets of Ruff wheels..the 280 with the black center and polished lip in an 18 instead of the 20..or the 278 in hyperblack in the 18 or maybe a 19

and here are the links

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-Co...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Ru...spagenameZWD1V

help me decide guys...im thinking the black will look better with the dark colors i have but im not sure what color im gonna repaint it..the full purple as it was..or the black top and purple bottom..or just solid black

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 02-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this thread for finishes first. Then decide which YOU like the most, not someone else.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/860034-what-wheel-looks-good-your-color-car.html
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll give you $450 for those SS wheels.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Go black. It'll look good with what you got now.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Check this thread for finishes first. Then decide which YOU like the most, not someone else.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860034
well thats kind of the reason for this thread ya know..to see what everyone else likes cause I really dont know which one I like better.........and to be honest with you...I actually disagree with nine ball..I think black is one of the best looking wheels colors for purple...im just not sure which wheel i like better, teh black or the hyperblack..so i was getting some input..not trying to be rude

and as for the wheels i may sell them jet lag and if i do i will hit you up first..I havent decided just yet

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 02-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
Go black. It'll look good with what you got now.
and im kinda thinking the same thing...I love the hyperblack but im thinking they will look better on a lighter colored car and since mine is dark the black would look pretty good..especially if i stick with the black hood, black top and black rear hatch...cause i already have dark tint...teh polished lip would break it up pretty well..is anyone good with photoshop..taht would help me decide
Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...anyone else got any ideas
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stay with chrome/polished. I actually like the 10 spokes you have on there now.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
I would stay with chrome/polished. I actually like the 10 spokes you have on there now.
yeah i hav gotten a few responses like that...I polished them up really good yesterday with some nano polish..but my only thing is I want 18's, the 17's are just a touch too small for my likes and i think the 18's look the best..thanx for the input guys..keep em coming
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Color match the hood and spoiler and get yourself a set of chrome 18's.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i will be repainting the full car here soon..ordering my vfn sunoco hood very soon and a new front end..the 1st guy that had it hit a car and messed up the front end..so thats on order...
Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump for some more opinions
Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Launching!

I think those 19's would be a better match than the 20's. I've just seen enough 4th gens with 20's that didn't cut it.

19's seem to be the max for mass respect. G/L with whatever your choice.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
.I actually disagree with nine ball..I think black is one of the best looking wheels colors for purple.
Prove me wrong. Put some black wheels on your purple car, and I'll let you know if a set of chrome or polished ones would have looked better. My list on finishes are suggestions, not law. Yes, you can put black wheels on your purple car, but would it really look better than polished or chrome? Probably not.

On your particular color I'd go with polished or machined/brushed.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Prove me wrong. Put some black wheels on your purple car, and I'll let you know if a set of chrome or polished ones would have looked better. My list on finishes are suggestions, not law. Yes, you can put black wheels on your purple car, but would it really look better than polished or chrome? Probably not.

On your particular color I'd go with polished or machined/brushed.
and there is no need for you to take it personal..your a very knowledgable guy when it comes to these cars and I have tons of respect for you..I just happened to disagree with your list that said black wheels wouldnt look good on this color...we're all entitled to our opinions..I was just trying to see which ones everyone liked between the two choices...simple as that..I happen to like the chrome but I think the black with the polished lip may give it more definition and character..just because you like the chrome or polished doesnt mean everyone else will

and this happens to be the car that has inspired me to go with the black/polished wheel..sure its black but I love the car and the setup..those wheels kick ***

Old 02-16-2008, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Your car is purple. It already has enough "character". Just because black wheels look good on a black car (duh) that doesn't mean they will look as good on your purple car. Like I said, my list is just suggestions that are common and popular.

But what do I know, I only write/shoot for automotive magazines and am just trying to help you buy giving you some free advice. Can black wheels look good on purple? Sure. Would those same wheels look better in polished or chrome? Probably. It is a SUGGESTION, not a law. I won't be the least bit offended if you disagree, sorry if my typing makes you think so. But hell, I disagree with buying purple cars or putting LS2.com decals on my windows too
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jetlag
I'll give you $450 for those SS wheels.
$450.01 if they include the tires...

To the OP, the car looks good as it sits.

In my opinion, black wheels + black tires = buying a lot of tire cleaner to make them look the same shade of black.

I've got a black Z28, with stock '99 wheels.

Good luck with the decision, but you won't need it; the luck that is.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Your car is purple. It already has enough "character". Just because black wheels look good on a black car (duh) that doesn't mean they will look as good on your purple car. Like I said, my list is just suggestions that are common and popular.

But what do I know, I only write/shoot for automotive magazines and am just trying to help you buy giving you some free advice. Can black wheels look good on purple? Sure. Would those same wheels look better in polished or chrome? Probably. It is a SUGGESTION, not a law. I won't be the least bit offended if you disagree, sorry if my typing makes you think so. But hell, I disagree with buying purple cars or putting LS2.com decals on my windows too
Au contraire'...well at least we agree to disagree..Like I said I respect your knowledge and all that you do..I just happen to see it differently..thats all..But thank your for your suggestions..The purple really wasnt my thing either..but I found the car for less than $2900 from a guy that was leaving to go in the army and needed to sell it quick..so for what it was, I couldnt pass it up..and I'm quite happy with it..not sure if I wanna repaint it a different color or keep it Purple..lots of people seem to like it this color

oh and it's 'BY' giving you some free advice'
Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I vote chrome wheels. Black wheels just don't appeal to me. But it is your car so do what you wish
Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bessie
$450.01 if they include the tires...

To the OP, the car looks good as it sits.

In my opinion, black wheels + black tires = buying a lot of tire cleaner to make them look the same shade of black.

I've got a black Z28, with stock '99 wheels.

Good luck with the decision, but you won't need it; the luck that is.
haha thats funny have you seen how much these wheels are going for here lately..I was extremely surprised to see some of them going for upwards of 600 without tires..its ridiculous

hell the brand new silver ones are going for 600 from SLP...http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=80090

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 02-17-2008 at 02:34 PM.