Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Curb rash on machined lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curb rash on machined lip

I've got a slight amount of curb rash on my almost new wheels. They are black with a machined lip on them and there is just a small area that is scratched up on the outside of the lip...are there any simple remedies to fix this or at least make it look a little better?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

If it's clear coated or have any coating on it probably won't be able to touch it up without making a bigger mess. If it is bare aluminum then I would recommend a Scotch bright pad, if it is really rough, start with some fine sandpaper, or better yet some fine emory cloth, finish with the Scotch brit pads. Remember, no small circular patterns as that is what will show up, find the grain and always work with the grain.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Teching In

I believe it is clear coated....here's a link to the wheels i have. http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_...uct_ID=AR39979

Is there anything I can do? Thanks for the help!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

If they are clear coated (and, like you, I believe they are) it is going to be very hard to touch these up without cracking/peeling anymore clear coat. I have seen people sand these and then touch-up a small area with some clear enamel, but you can't do it and make them "look like new", you will always be able to see that spot.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Are there any companies that can fix it like new for a decent price?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't stress about it man, this happens. You're talking 170 bucks to get a perfect new one. If this is on your DD I would just like you to know that they are now broken in. Sorry either way.

Quick Reply: Curb rash on machined lip