Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Getting some prostars, and bump stop removal?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Getting some prostars, and bump stop removal?s

Ok I am getting rid of my 18s I have on my car and getting some prostars. I want to run a 325 on the back. I have done a search on this and looked at everyones cars. So on them I should get the 15x4s in the front and 15x10s in the back with 7.5 backspacing. Will my car clear the wheels with me being lowered? I know I have to remove my bumpstops. What all could go wrong with me removing my bump stops? Also I am getting the jegs or summit version of them since I read up I wont have to grind on my calipers. Should I still run longer studs up front with a 5/16th spacer? I am going to paint the stars black and have the lip of them aniodized blue. My car is black and getting it two toned with top being blue. What size front tires should I run? Remember I am lowered alot! Thanks for all the help and opinions.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok i just did this i had to cut off the bump stop all the way off and alot of banging with a big hammer. I used a plasma cutter so it made things easy. You will need longer wheels stuts. We didnt noy use a spacer and if you do you tires will stick out to far. The 325's stick out enough lol there will be some lump things i nthe finder well above the bump stop we had to beat in too. All you do is bolt them on and hit/cut/gride where ever it is hitting lol
Old 03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

do this with the suspension unloaded because thats when it will rub the most
Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unloaded as in jacked up? What the worse that could happen with the bump stops gone? Will I tear anything up? Also I just seen the jegs wheels dont sell the 15x10 in the 7.5 backspacing only in 5.5 backspacing. And the welds now only have the 15x10 in a 6.5 backspacing WTF? So no spacer on the front or the back correct? Doy ou have any pics of all the cutting and grinding you did? Is your car lowered?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got some Summit pro stars, but i've decided to keep the extra wheels that came with the 97Z i just bought, they look good, i got the 15X4" & 15X8" with 5.5 back spaceing, i mocked up the rear rim & it touched nothing, it cleared the caliper by almost 1/4", these wheels by far are nice for the price, i'll be sending mine back though. If shipping wasn't so steep, i could make you a great deal on these, & i purchased the Gorilla lug set (with locks) too.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

with the bump stop off you have nothing to worry about i have done to a ton of cars and seen a ton of others with no problems. Some good info https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/470551-drag-wheel-faq.html Wait until April 1st i dont no if its true or not bud i have herd from a little blue bird that some wheels are coming out that will fit without griding They are going to make it public april 1st, but im not 100% sure if its true. It a very affordable wheel and looks alot better then pro stars
Old 03-19-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Word! I gotcha then ill wait a few weeks then. Thanks for all the info