Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel cleaning tips???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel cleaning tips???

I bought my Z with ZO6 POLISHED alumminum wheels and I've been hating them ever since. Does anyone know of any tricks to keep the wheels from fogging and leaving water spots after every washing???? I know that they aren't supposed to washed HOT and I have also use car soap, all different varieties of wheel cleaners supposedly safe for polished wheels and I have also tried using wax on them.....Please any help will make this summer more enjoyable before I get rid of the wheels for a different finish
Old 03-20-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Mothers Billet polish is the ONLY way to go, great stuff, then Zoopseal.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mothers is pretty good stuff but with any polished wheel you will have to clean them a lot to keep them looking sharp.

If your wheels are clear coated make sure you only use soapy water some polishes will damage the clear coat.

If your wheels aren't already clear coated, like most billet wheels.
Some people protect them with a clear powder coat. Cleaning them and keeping them clean is a lot easier after that, you just wash them like you do your car, no polish necessary. The powder coated is also impact resistant and protects the wheels from dings and scuffs from road debris. One of my friends clear powder coats a lot of wheels in Oregon so that people can run their after market wheels in the winter instead of running ugly steel wheels. The finish protects the wheels from the cinders and ice fighting chemicals that DOT puts on the roads in the winter and, with a little soapy water, they wash right off. I know not everyone can afford it, last I checked it was about 50-80 per wheel to have them done but its a thought.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Breathtaker
Mothers Billet polish is the ONLY way to go, great stuff, then Zoopseal.
x2 and a mothers power ball, only way to go