Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

hubcentric rings for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hubcentric rings for wheels?

Well Hp design discontinued the HPR5 hyper silver wheels in our bolt pattern . So im looking at the TSW wheels. Thing is the bolt pattern is 5x120. Our are 5x120.65 if i remember. Could i use Hubcentric rings on these?????? If so where are some places i could purchase them?. Thanks in advance for any help. Also anyone have any issues with TSW wheels????????.

The wheels im looking at. Love the fact there are no rivets.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I ran a set of 5x120's on my f-body for years, be advised that because it is not a perfect fit, it is even more important to regularly recheck your wheel nut torque until they stabilize (do NOT overtorque these because of they slight mis-fit you can damage the wheels in the lug seat area very easy, as well as the usual stretch of the studs and the resultant stud failure.) F-bodies are not designed for hub-centric mounting, the axle flanges in particular are not designed to center the wheels so hub centric rings really won't do anything for you. F-bodies are designed to be lug-centric so the wheels indicate off the lug holes.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Launching!

^^^^ thanks for the info. Thats helps a lot.

DOES ANYONE HAVE AND ISSUES WITH TSW WHEELS?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Didnt realize the spokes bend in near the lip. just saw another angle. Not liking that.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then don't get them. i'm not liking how the spokes bend either. tsw snettertons look good. i've seen them at les schwab. a little pricey for me though.

but for anyone reading, you can get the wheel to center when you bolt them on. you need to go to each lug 2- 4 times before the last tightening with the tires loaded on the ground. use a lug wrench and not air tools.

with hub rings, you can tell that the wheel is center almost perfect if not perfect. there is maybe 1/2 mm of play if that. les schwab has hub rings for $10. i got some made by coyote in a blue plastic or polycarbon. saves the time of having to carefully tighten each lug 2- 4 times.

Quick Reply: hubcentric rings for wheels?