Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Got my TTM's on today

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my TTM's on today

A while back I bought a set of 17x9 chrome Torque Thrust M wheels. I've been saving up for some tires for them and I found out that my friend was selling some that would fit. I went with them because the price was right and got put them on today. I put 275/40 Nitto Drags out back and 255/40 tires up front. I wasn't sure about going with the narrower ones on the 9 inch rims, but I think they look good after getting them on the car. I think the only thing I'm gonna change when they wear out is that I'll probably go with a 255/45 up front next time for a little more sidewall. Overall I'm very pleased with how it came out. This is the first time I've ever bought a set of aftermarket wheels for a car that I'ved owned, so that's cool.

I'll try to have my brother post up some pics later on.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u shoulda gone wider in the rear with the bigger lip. 17x10.5 would look way better imo. Anyways theres gonna be a few pple posting real quick lol
Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ we need some pix!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen too many cars with uber wide wheels out back that stick out too far in my opinion. I figured the stock SS size will look great without any fitment problems and I seem to have been right. Also, I don't like the idea of the huge weight that comes with huge wheels. As it it I gained 4 lbs on each rear wheel/tire combo. I'll try to get pics asap.