Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

please help seached EVERYWHERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help seached EVERYWHERE!

ok... this might be a little long but any help would be appreciated!!! first i just dropped a new Ls6 gm crate motor in, mods: LTs, full intake, took all emissions off, had tranny built, had a custom grinded cam from isky cam; 236 243 .598 .610 112+2 LSA, isky dual springs and titanian retainers, harden pushrods, vig 3600 stall, tranny cooler, and may of missed a few small things. car was running great till about when i got to about 1700 miles. i was just pulling out a parking lot and it started to act like it was missing on a cylinder or 2. changed to 8.5mm msd wires and regapped my plugs to .045, then put new bosch o2 sensers. but when it cranks still sounds like crap, the big problem is the transmission has some kind of back pressure and is coming out the dipstick and if i open it tranny fluid sprayed out everywhere. thing i dont get is why it would just all the sudden start doing this if the tranny was fine for 1700 miles then all this and make the motor run like crap! i also throw these codes; po141pd, p1133pd, p1153pd, and p1153. i checked my vent tube on tranny and looks like it has a grove cut out of the torque arm bushing for the line but still looked a little pinched not sure if thats just how it is ran or what? and i "think" i may have a wire burned throw where the passenger o2 senser wires run into the main feed to the computer. going to fix all that now hopefully it will work?

O and one other thing i had thunder racing do the temperary tune to break motor in before dyno and its running so rich theres gas in my oil and had maybe 10k miles on o2s and it filled them with carbon.

ive been looking for a thread with some info but cant find anything, so any help would be very appreciated!

thanks, steve
Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if there is gas in your oil, then change it asap. otherwise you will get a rod threw your block.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by elias_799
if there is gas in your oil, then change it asap. otherwise you will get a rod threw your block.
thanks man... i drained as soon as i smelled the gas, prolly drive it 20 more miles then change again. do u think it could of already damaged the rod bearing with 1800 ml and about 4 oil changes since install?

this might be a little long but any help would be appreciated!!! first i just dropped a new Ls6 gm crate motor in, mods: LTs, full intake, took all emissions off, had tranny built, had a custom grinded cam from isky cam; 236 243 .598 .610 112+2 LSA, isky dual springs and titanian retainers, harden pushrods, vig 3600 stall, tranny cooler, and may of missed a few small things, o and 80mm bbk tb just dont know if it will idle when i get it going b/c thunder suggested drilling the idle hole twice the sizel

sorry i wasn't very clear on my first thread and missed a few things, i had sneak it at work. i mentioned a pinched vent tube on the tranny, fixed it and tranny seems fine after.it started when i pulled out of a parking lot when it started missing, lost power, treable throttle responce, and wouldnt idle. so i changed my o2 sensers bosch, msd 8.5 spark plug wires, plugs gap .045, tps had correct voltage also. my the motor seemed like it smoothed out a little bit after rerouted the vent tube but still sounds a bit ruff and i cant get it to idle out after changing all that. all my mods are listed above, the tune was just a temparay breakin tune by thunder racing tuner Jeff (great customer service, parts on hand, etc.) but the tune did fine till i reached about 1800 miles. the tune is very rich and im wondering if its not the other (driver) o2 senser wires haven't been damaged(dont think they are). almost forgot the codes; po141pd, p1133pd, p1153pd, and p1153 showed up befofei rerouted the tranny hose and i also reset my computer. main problem is getting going so if anyone has any ideas i would HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!! SORRY SO LONG

thanks steve
Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you had some issues with a new engine, as we all do.

Now it sounds like you're running rich as *****. That's how they make those baseline mail-order tunes, because a rich tune isn't going to blow up, just run shitty.

If you aren't going to tune it yourself, I'd get it to a tuner ASAP so you can have your car running right.

EDIT- Also, look over the entire car for any little things wrong. Vacuum leaks, loose connectors, etc. I'd try to knock out anything that may cause an issue, as this will make it tons easier on your tuner if he doesn't have to go tracking down little problems.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Teching In

yea ive been looking the car up and down but i missed the harness wire the first time around. im about to check it again now. and iam getting it dyno tuned through thunder racing. i left my computer with them and they set just a temparay tune to break the motor in. i think i waited a little to long though lol...thanks for the info! is it also ok to spray starter fluid in more possible leak areas? i thought if there was a vascum leak it would idle but run like crap when u hit the gas?
Old 06-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Teching In

Anyone have any kind of an idea?

thanks, steve
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,

It does sound like one of three things. Either a vacuum leak (yes, its ok to spray starter fluid around checking for leaks,) an exhaust leak before or near the O2 sensors, or a bad sensor/electrical problem. I know what Geoff's base tunes are for your type of application and can assure you it wouldn't be so rich to cause the problems you are experiencing. The Bosch O2 sensors are terrible for the LS1 cars as well and will not last very long in any event. Another thing you could check is for a bad O2 extension harness or burned wires going to the sensors. Is your MAF stock or has it been altered? If the car ran ok for 1700 miles, your issues point to a problem like a burned wire, loose ground, or vacuum leak. Those are the first things I would look for.

Thanks,
Shane

Quick Reply: please help seached EVERYWHERE!