Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Engine simulators (and starting to see the box as a expanding circle!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine simulators (and starting to see the box as a expanding circle!)

I want to take all this jumbled automotive slush that I have in my head and methodically organize it and improve it. The more and more I think about it, the more I feel that I want to jump start a career in the high performance automotive field.... we all have these dreams, I suppose.

Anyways, I feel that one tool that I could start using is an engine simulator. My background in physics/mathematics is really not strong. (going back to school) I have a few ideas on what books I want to pick up but any suggestions would be fantastic. I have an old "how to build a ls1" that needs a good dusting but I feel that I want to just know more, quintessentially.

So, as for an engine simulator, which one would ya'll recommend? Furthermore, considering the ProRacing Sim softwares such as dynomation 5, how accurate are these sims when taking something "built" in the sim and applying to it in the real world? I can assume that they have been doing for a long time and they wouldn't be in business if they had a flawed system.

So, engine guru's, be gentle! What I'm asking for is a nudge, or a shove if you feel so inclined, in the right direction. We all start somewhere.

thanks.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Hola!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Teching In

If you truly want a good engine simulator use Ricardo WAVE and Fluent. I got to use it when I was in school. But it will take months to learn the program and to make something that is remotely accurate.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

I appreciate the heads up. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Engine simulators (and starting to see the box as a expanding circle!)