Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Any machineist in here?? I would appreciate the advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any machineist in here?? I would appreciate the advice

I have a set of Eagle I beam rods with forged pistons I got in a trade deal. I would like to use the pistons for my 406 build but the rods are rated at 500 and I should make nearly 575hp on motor and gonna have a single plate kit as well.

Would like to go to a h beam rod but the I beam rods are press fit and the pistons aren't for floating rods either.

I was wondering if there are anyone who offer press fit h beam rods or if the set of pistons could be machined for a set of spiro locks and mill the wrist pins a little narrower??

I am not really worried about having bushed rods the motor should see peek power around 6500rpm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

what kind of pistons are they-i have yet to see a forrged piston that isn't already machined for pin locks
Old 07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They have a part number of 7063p on them. I googled this number and found another person who was trying to figure them out as well but no success. Idk. They have a cnc finish to the heads of them with two valve reliefs. They look rather descent I guess they look better than a lot of speed pro piston's I have seen. But I have seen lower budget forged pistons advertised for press fit only.

What do you think?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a ROSS forged piston swingin' on a stock LS1 rod sitting in my garage that is set up for press fit pins.No provision for wire locks...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah more often than not they have spiro locks but they do come without. Im just gonna buy rods and pistons. Its only money right? LOL.

Quick Reply: Any machineist in here?? I would appreciate the advice