Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

LSX Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX Heads

I am new to the LSX so here goes. Just got my 427 LSX and I am looking to make 900+ HP then a little spray later. Well my question is whats the best head to acheive these HP goals? How goo are the LS7X heads? Will they mount and make the power?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chevymc350
I am new to the LSX so here goes. Just got my 427 LSX and I am looking to make 900+ HP then a little spray later. Well my question is whats the best head to acheive these HP goals? How goo are the LS7X heads? Will they mount and make the power?
Dude, you are not going to make 900+ HP on a normally aspirated 427 LSX engine. You are trying to make a 7.0 liter make 130hp per liter. Yes these engines are capable of great things, but you seriously need to do some research. That search button up at the top of your screen can come up with more info than you can read in a week.

And how many threads do you need asking the same question?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SATAN
Dude, you are not going to make 900+ HP on a normally aspirated 427 LSX engine. You are trying to make a 7.0 liter make 130hp per liter. Yes these engines are capable of great things, but you seriously need to do some research. That search button up at the top of your screen can come up with more info than you can read in a week.

And how many threads do you need asking the same question?
While I will agree HIS 427 will never make those numbers, it has been done....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr_gl2cgl1o
Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BADD SS
While I will agree HIS 427 will never make those numbers, it has been done....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr_gl2cgl1o
Yeah, I figured there would be an exception after I said that. I also figured the dyno graph for it would look like that. 9000 rpms and very little torque relative to the horsepower being produced. Super baddass engine still though.

I guess I was also thinking of 900+whp and not flywheel. Either way, anything is possible with enough time and money, but I'm sure that guy is not asking an internet forum what heads he needs to be running to get those numbers. LOL
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SATAN
Yeah, I figured there would be an exception after I said that. I also figured the dyno graph for it would look like that. 9000 rpms and very little torque relative to the horsepower being produced. Super baddass engine still though.

I guess I was also thinking of 900+whp and not flywheel. Either way, anything is possible with enough time and money, but I'm sure that guy is not asking an internet forum what heads he needs to be running to get those numbers. LOL
I know, just pointing out thant they are capable of alot....

That was the school of automotive machinists.....

Quick Reply: LSX Heads