Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Throttle pedal mounting Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Throttle pedal mounting Location

I've converted a Porsche 911 to a LS3 motor. I used the Porsche throttle by wire pedal. It only gives me 70-80% throttle body movement. After several months of fooling around trying to get it to work correctly. I've decided to just install the correct GM pedal. My problem is trying to figure the proper mounting position. The GM only moves about an inch and hinges from the top. The Porsche moves about 2 1/2 and hinges from the bottom. The mounting bracket on the GM seems to be useless. Is there any instructions that show the proper geometry for mounting a pedal in relation to the brake and clutch? Is there a mounting kit made out there? Thanks Much for your support !
Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Is there no calibration procedure with your ecu to let you set base open/closed settings ?

Or is it an OEM ecu ?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Is there no calibration procedure with your ecu to let you set base open/closed settings ?

Or is it an OEM ecu ?
Name:  DSCN3166_zpse4rujvxv.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  272.3 KB

Bought the one on the left and it was much easier to mount, not sure why there is so much difference in the electrical box size. It made the throttle response a lot better and now I get 100% open. I was able to get it mounted at the same height as the Porsche was. I'm Still getting the 0507 code but it doesn't seem to affect the way it runs. Yes it is a stock GM performance off road ECU.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following your posts for a while, but only registered today.
I've done several swaps over the years with V8 Fords into Volvos and Subarus in VW Vanagons and Beetles.
I presently have a '99 Porsche 996, presently running fine with no problems at 75k miles, new IMS bearing, seals, clutch, aos, etc.. How ever I am looking down the road and considering a conversion. I may even decide to sell my engine while it is still in good running condition.
My question is this. Are you getting any help or input from Renegade? They must have all these hurdles worked out. Yes?
Old 09-25-2015, 04:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99996
I've been following your posts for a while, but only registered today.
I've done several swaps over the years with V8 Fords into Volvos and Subarus in VW Vanagons and Beetles.
I presently have a '99 Porsche 996, presently running fine with no problems at 75k miles, new IMS bearing, seals, clutch, aos, etc.. How ever I am looking down the road and considering a conversion. I may even decide to sell my engine while it is still in good running condition.
My question is this. Are you getting any help or input from Renegade? They must have all these hurdles worked out. Yes?
They started out real good answering E-mails, then it would take a few days, so I'd give them a call and got good responses. Mine is newer then anything they had done so the electrical was a little different. They seem real busy most of the time. I've heard different from others on their support, they get a 7 on my scale.

As for your swap, I'd say full speed ahead, you'll love it and all the attention you'll get when people hear it and wonder.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fierofly
They started out real good answering E-mails, then it would take a few days, so I'd give them a call and got good responses. Mine is newer then anything they had done so the electrical was a little different. They seem real busy most of the time. I've heard different from others on their support, they get a 7 on my scale.

As for your swap, I'd say full speed ahead, you'll love it and all the attention you'll get when people hear it and wonder.
So your car is the CAN digital communication from the Porsche ecu to gauges,etc.?

Quick Reply: Throttle pedal mounting Location