Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Nitrous on engine that uses Alcohol

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous on engine that uses Alcohol

Hello,

I have a 548 big block chevrolet, that we use alcohol on. We recently installed a cheater plate system for the nitrous..using a separate fuel cell for 110 octane race fuel, which is injected into the nitrous system when activated. I have noticed when using nitrous system..the engine falls flat on its face, and I am not sure if it is because of the mixture of alcohol/nitrous/race fuel or what..we have messed with jetting a lot but it still falls flat on its face. The engine is equipped with a Rons Fuel injection system.

Any help or insight would be great, i just would like some opinions.

Thanks!

Nate
Old 06-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Tenured Member

Speaking from experience, I know that you can run the motor on alcohol, and the N2O on race gas. I was involved with a mud bog racer many years ago. It ran a small block with a tunnel ram/ enderly bug catcher mechanical fuel injection on alky and a fogger on gas. Since then, the fogger has become available with alcohol solenoids & jetting.

I'm not sure what problems you're having, just wanted to share that it will work.... at least with a fogger & injection.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

check you timing the alchohol uses a different ignition point than the N2O and they could be counter acting each other. Let me know how it goes.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Well i purchased a high speed bypass for the car, hoping this will take care of some of the problems. I am gonna put the car on the dyno to get it tuned in, and i'll report back.

Quick Reply: Nitrous on engine that uses Alcohol