Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Tuning Exhaust Lengths ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Exhaust Lengths ??

Hey all, I did a lot of research on exhaust scavenging with my RX7, but with only two pipes its a lot easier to figure out.

So moving on to V8s, when you are calculation exhaust length for scavenging do you want to concentrate more on where the individual cylinders collect or where the header pairs collect, or can you get good results from either or? I am also trying to find some other useful info on what lengths and everything but not having a whole lot of luck, so if anyone has good info please post here.

Thanks
-Justin
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j200pruf
Hey all, I did a lot of research on exhaust scavenging with my RX7, but with only two pipes its a lot easier to figure out.

So moving on to V8s, when you are calculation exhaust length for scavenging do you want to concentrate more on where the individual cylinders collect or where the header pairs collect, or can you get good results from either or? I am also trying to find some other useful info on what lengths and everything but not having a whole lot of luck, so if anyone has good info please post here.

Thanks
-Justin
Yes and Yes.

www.maxracesoftware.com

Look at Pipemax. Best $40.00 you'll spend.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

So what one of the two collection points has more benifit?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are PROBABLY both equally liable to be fucked up. However, a company like Kooks probably bought this software to make a good set of headers, and the guy down the street at the muffler shop, who is putting in your x-pipe, probably didn't.

Ask some RX-7 dudes about fit of headers, and use the software to figure out where you want your crossover to be.