Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmelone21
I'm right in Brick. Me and you talk every now and then @ Wawa. I got the 99 NBM T/A. Me Steve and Paul met up w/ you the one time @ Atco also. Have you done any mods to it since then?
oh, haha now i remember. ever get your car painted yet?

nothing else new, just trying to finish my interior.

and im jsut keeping the stock belts for now. im going to mount stock belt guides to the seats. aftermarket harnesses are actually illegal because the factory seat belt is designed to work in conjunction with the air bag. so a harness isnt going to work properly unless i rid of the airbag.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sell the airbags! a few of my friends got $200 a pop for 'em. don't ask me where he sold them to though, as i have not the slightest clue. i'll try and find out though.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

I'm right in Brick. Me and you talk every now and then @ Wawa. I got the 99 NBM T/A. Me Steve and Paul met up w/ you the one time @ Atco also. Have you done any mods to it since then?
dude i live in brick too. i live off of herbertsville. close to 70
Old 10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was thinking about getting an aftermarket wheel like a momo or something. but i dont want to do that until i get harnesses too. but i should take out my pass airbag too then no? its not a race car, i do transport around with my wifey and i dont want her to get hurt either obviously.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

i wouldn't take the air bags out if you drive it on the street. there's plenty more to remove/replace before then to save weight. if you want to risk your life that's one thing, but someone else's would make me feel guilty.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its not to save weight. mostly for looks but im gonna keep the factory setup for now. like i said its not a full blown race car. i dont even race if i have someone with me. but im a very alert driver. i anticipate what other idiots are going to do before they hit me.

still waiting for seats to arrive...hurry up UPS!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=DevilDougWS6;10296127]oh, haha now i remember. ever get your car painted yet?

nothing else new, just trying to finish my interior.

nah, im still waiting on my paint guy. i just did LTs today tho. probably going to be heading out to E-Town next friday. you ever go out anymore? its been more crowded lately than it was all summer.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
dude i live in brick too. i live off of herbertsville. close to 70
no ****. ive never seen the car before. im on the other side of town, but usually have an eye for these cars. we should meet up sometime. your car looks badass.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive been out a few times. not really lately, two weeks ago had drill, then i started on this project and been trying to save a bit of money too. ill be out this weekend hopefully. you should come to the njfboa meet this coming tuesday. its in brick at tgifridays.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

no ****. ive never seen the car before. im on the other side of town, but usually have an eye for these cars. we should meet up sometime. your car looks badass.
ha thanks man its a work in progress. has plenty of flaws from the previous owner that i am slowly going over. i like it though. like doug said, the 21st we are having a small meet at fridays in brick. just some bsing and maybe a couple beers you should check out NJFBOA.org, good group of local guys. november is a meet at ttp performance, dyno power pulls for $65 if you are curious.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah....ill probably be at that meet. adam you wanna meet up before you head up there? i might have a few friends come too. id like to get another dyno pull in. especially now with the cooler weather.

lol
Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

haha hijacked your own thread. i deff down for meeting up and cruising out there. i just hope i still have a license. i have at least two court dates before then and both want to hit me with tickets that will suspend my license. not sure when the suspension will kick in either. sometimes its quick, sometimes a little slow. i'll let you know after that **** goes down.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
haha hijacked your own thread. i deff down for meeting up and cruising out there. i just hope i still have a license. i have at least two court dates before then and both want to hit me with tickets that will suspend my license. not sure when the suspension will kick in either. sometimes its quick, sometimes a little slow. i'll let you know after that **** goes down.
yeah, if worse comes to worst you can always ride with me up there.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you paint the bezel that contains the window, mirror and lock switches? If so, I'm DYING to know what color you used. I have ebony interior/trim also and I replaced that bezel on the driver's side, but I need to paint it. It comes in a standard, "unpainted" grey. Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no i didnt paint the switch bezel, nor the handle bezel. mine are already black so i didnt bother. same techniques apply here though. CLEAN, dry, layer on some adhesion promoter which helps paint stick to plastic parts REALLY well, then lay on some color.

i am, however, thinking about painting the door handle bezel in NBM, not the switch bezel though, i think that looks good just black because its really shaped to look molded with the door grip.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

took a few more pictures:

carpet still has a bit of baking soda on it that i need to brush out to the surface and vacuum. but so far its coming along great. my seats will be here tomorrow.

i ordered the floor mats, silver gauge faces, and the chrome vent rings. after that the interior is pretty much done. i may try to get some cloth rear seats in the future just to fill it in back there but i still dont like driving people around like its a damn taxi.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Looks really good. your doors turned out way better than what the previous owner did to mine.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6
no i didnt paint the switch bezel, nor the handle bezel. mine are already black so i didnt bother. same techniques apply here though. CLEAN, dry, layer on some adhesion promoter which helps paint stick to plastic parts REALLY well, then lay on some color.

i am, however, thinking about painting the door handle bezel in NBM, not the switch bezel though, i think that looks good just black because its really shaped to look molded with the door grip.
Ok, so it's considered BLACK? I just never thought of it as the color black. Perhaps mine has faded...
Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what year is yours? i think 2000 and up they used actual BLACK pieces for dash components and such, anything older used a more gray color.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6
what year is yours? i think 2000 and up they used actual BLACK pieces for dash components and such, anything older used a more gray color.
2001 WS6. Interestingly enough, I ordered my bezel from a GM dealer and it came in this flat grey-ish, almost primer like for a plastic piece color. I called them back when it arrived and spoke to the parts guy about the color because I thought they accidently ordered the wrong thing. I was told it's paint to match just as a lot of the body and interior pieces are...

I'm jealous if you got yours new in the color to match... lucky

Quick Reply: Interior swap