Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tail light scratches?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tail light scratches?

ok so my car has a bunch of little scratches all over the tail lights in the plastic. nothing to deep or major but im wondering if theres anything i can do to get them out just to clean them up a bit. ive seen a couple products online but i thought id get some feedback before i spend any money. and before anyone asks, yes i did run a search.
thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://armorysound.com/forumsadv/sho...37&postcount=1

in the sticky, on this page.

Just follow these same steps for the taillights.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a decent write up but I wouldnt go as low as 600 grit, thats crazy. 800 is the lowest you should go, that will get plenty of pretty deep scratches out. 1000 if the scratches aren't too deep. Just IMO
Old 10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

damn looks like i got myself a bit of a shoppin list haha. thanks guys
Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

I used some Mothers Plastic Polish on my tail light after i think some scratches appeared on it. Id say they looked as if someone with a studded belt had leaned on the car and then slid down to the bumper.

i put the polish on using a powerball and while it didnt take them out completely (i didnt expect it to with how rough they felt) it did blend them quite well so you can only see them at a certain angle when the light is just right.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 AM

when i brought my TBSS home from the dealer, I noticed a few scratches on my tail lights - nothing major. I figured I'd try to get them out before I decide to go back to the dealer and complain because dealerships can be a pain in themselves. Anyways - the product I use is Novus Plastic Polish NO. 3 and NO. 2. Then to clean the lens up a bit I use Kleenmaster Brillianize to wipe away excess polish. The Novus NO. 3 is for heavier scratches so I use that first then the NO. 2, then the Brillianize. It took the scratches off my tail lights completely - it's a great product. If I were you - I'd try this stuff first before taking sand paper to my tail lights because I'd be afraid of putting more scratches in or making them hazy/scuffed up. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get some 2500 grit sand paper and sand it down until the scratches are gone, then use some Plast-X by Meguires, or just use some VHT nightshade and tint the taillights

Quick Reply: Tail light scratches?