Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with FRC installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with FRC installation

Okay, I bought some f-body concept FRCs used, and need to know how to install them? Where do they click into place or soemthing? Any websiteor stuff would be great. Thanks! Also, will I have to remove my Hotchkis STB to pu them on or will they sneak in there?
Old 01-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Need help with FRC installation

hey ameet, those f-bod concepts are sweet. did you get the carbon fiber ones? anyway, those dont have the clips that the GM frcs have, they sorta just sit on top of everything. i heard that the f-bod concepts are much easier to install, but you may need some cuting to be done. heres a site that i was going to used for my frcs before i sold them. maybe itll help if oyu do need to have some cutting done. http://www.sysadminzone.com/ta/z06cvrs/
good luck!
-anthony
Old 01-31-2002, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

What's up bro, yeah, carbon fiber ones. They do not need to be cut. I would think you cannot cut the carbon fiber, it would unveave, lol. Not a good idea. I guess I will just try them on. So, do I have to cut that foil stuff around the fuel lines and route them through thoseslits in the FRC? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2002, 01:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay, someone has to know something about these covers. The main question is about the fuel lines and my FRCs. They have the slits in them, just wondering, do I have to seperate the lines first?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adm408
Linky no worky.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did not get mine from them, but I had to remove the foil and seperate the fuel lines. You have two slits on the drivers side cover correct? Mine just snapped on the fuel rails. I have never seen the underneath side of the ones you have so I can't help you there. I also removed the STB to install them.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

First) Yes, you'll have to remove the shock tower brace
B) Yes, It makes it s bit easier if you remove some of the metallic tape around the fuel lines. I usually just take it bakc to the valve which only removes an inch or two. But that is enough to help. Some people remove it all.
3) If they are teh carbon fiber units with no 'c-clips' on the back of them, then there is no way to attach them. I believe they were originally made to fit over & secure to the OE GM covers. Although, you can adhere/epoxy/glue on some zip-tie clips & attache them that way. Yes, it has been done that way also.

Quick Reply: Need help with FRC installation