Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior Leather Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior Leather Wrap

Anyone who has done this please post pictures.

Is the kit that S.S. the best route to go?

Do you guys wrap the upper dash pad?

How easy is this for a person who has never done anything like this before?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Bump, heres the pics i found....

Anyone?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

i just want to cover the top dash piece (the one that goes right up to the windshield with the defroster) because it has a little crack. im probably going to get a nice piece of leather or vinyl and stretch and glue it on
Old 12-15-2008, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd just replace it with a good one man. You do realize the easiest way to remove those things is to partially remove the dash unless your removing a broke one & your just ripping it out. It is a bitch to get out without breaking it unless you loosen the dash & let it sag down some so you can get to where the dashpad clips in.

Plus once you wrap it your either gonna have to block off your defroster or try to cut the covering to let the defroster stay functional. If you cut it you better pray you do it just right or it'll come loose later & look like complete poo.

The kit from Specialized Stainless is top notch. the material is very good. I bought a kit & still need to install it. It probably won't get done for a while though. For now I just dyed my panels black to get me by until I have time & space to use the leather kit I bought.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I'd just replace it with a good one man. You do realize the easiest way to remove those things is to partially remove the dash unless your removing a broke one & your just ripping it out. It is a bitch to get out without breaking it unless you loosen the dash & let it sag down some so you can get to where the dashpad clips in.

Plus once you wrap it your either gonna have to block off your defroster or try to cut the covering to let the defroster stay functional. If you cut it you better pray you do it just right or it'll come loose later & look like complete poo.

The kit from Specialized Stainless is top notch. the material is very good. I bought a kit & still need to install it. It probably won't get done for a while though. For now I just dyed my panels black to get me by until I have time & space to use the leather kit I bought.
Thanks man, so if i didnt loosen the whole dash id end up breaking the new one im installing?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
Thanks man, so if i didnt loosen the whole dash id end up breaking the new one im installing?
not as easily as pulling out the old one. Since they clip in, you are most likely to break the one youre pulling out since you cant get to the clips. Pushing a new one down on the clips isnt too bad
Old 12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
not as easily as pulling out the old one. Since they clip in, you are most likely to break the one youre pulling out since you cant get to the clips. Pushing a new one down on the clips isnt too bad
Ok because im getting a new one and planning on wrapping it while its out.

Quick Reply: Interior Leather Wrap