Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corbeau Carrera seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau Carrera seats

Has anyone tried to mount these in an f-body with the power seat option? I was just wondering if the mounting brackets were compatible. It's a pain in the @$$ to feed 5 point restraints around the factory seats. You just don't feel secure.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Corbeau Carrera seats

I installed Carbeau Targa seats and didn't think things out as well as I could have. I bought new brackets and lost the power feature. Hindsight is 20/20. Both the factory seats and the Carbeaus have four mounting bolts, but the pattern is different. I think one could take a couple pieces if 1/4" steel flat stock, maybe a couple inches wide, drill four holes to match the factory brackets, then bolt the flat stock to the brackets. Then drill four holes in the flatstock to match the seat pattern and bolt the seats to the flatstock. As it was, I had to relocate the seats inboard somewhat, on the Carbeau brackets, to clear the roll bar side pieces by drilling new holes in the Carbeau brackets. I still have the factory brackets and as soon as things warm up here I'll try to adapt them. If you use the Carbeau brackets, the seat is lower with front/rear adjustment but nothing for height. You'd have to jury rig some way to mount the control.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Corbeau Carrera seats

I installed Carbeau Targa seats and didn't think things out as well as I could have. I bought new brackets and lost the power feature. Hindsight is 20/20. Both the factory seats and the Carbeaus have four mounting bolts, but the pattern is different. I think one could take a couple pieces if 1/4" steel flat stock, maybe a couple inches wide, drill four holes to match the factory brackets, then bolt the flat stock to the brackets. Then drill four holes in the flatstock to match the seat pattern and bolt the seats to the flatstock. As it was, I had to relocate the seats inboard somewhat, on the Carbeau brackets, to clear the roll bar side pieces by drilling new holes in the Carbeau brackets. I still have the factory brackets and as soon as things warm up here I'll try to adapt them. If you use the Carbeau brackets, the seat is lower with front/rear adjustment but nothing for height. You'd have to jury rig some way to mount the control.