Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Gotta a few projects going, need help on completing them.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gotta a few projects going, need help on completing them.

Im currently making a battery cover and intake plaque for my car out of aluminum and everything is already cut. The only 2 things that Im lacking is getting a show quality shine and some decals to go on them. Ive already got the decals covered, but as far as polishing them up, I dont have a clue. I know that Mother's works really well for stuff thats already been brought to a high polish, but Im working from some scrap aluminum. I know that with a little work they can be show quality. What type of materials and tools do I need to polish them up to look like chrome. Im working with flat pieces of aluminum, so it shouldnt be that hard because its one flat surface. Thank you so much and any help is much appreciated.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Gotta a few projects going, need help on completing them.

WHITE ROUGE FOR POLISHING! The Eastwood Company has it.>>>>>>>

Get something like an air powered cut off tool(or something like a air dremel.... can't remember the dang name right now, I just kinda went blank I guess), a couple of 2 inch buffing wheels, and some white rouge and go to work! Thats what I used to polish my caliper brackets with and WOW they were FINE the first couple of months...... but then the weather got to em and they began to rust and I'm gunna pull em back off next week and just paint em silver to match the rest of my car.

But back on the subject.... white rouge requires a little work but you will be happy with the results. If you are concerned about the lasting finish go ahead and get some Zoop Seal.

Josh S.

Search this Thread